Practice Questions and Answers (2010)
- If a trilogy means three novels what is the word for four related books?
- What type of powder was used by wizards to travel using fireplaces?
- What boy discovered that he was the modern day son of the Greek god Poseidon?
— Percy Jackson
- What is the name of the dog that lived with Wallace the inventor?
- Who was the tortured vampire that knew he shouldn’t love a human girl?
- Who popped down a large rabbit hole under a hedge in 1865?
- What mouse featured in a story about a princess, some soup and a spool of thread?
- Who had two nasty aunts called Spiker and Sponge?
— James (from James and the Giant Peach)
- What form of aerial transport does a witch favour?
— Broom (sticks)
- What does this abbreviation mean when applied to children’s literature: YA?
— Young Adult
- What author was awarded the first ever posthumous Carnegie Medal in 2009 for her novel Bog Child?
— Siobhan Dowd
- What name did Mary Norton give to the little people that lived furtively beneath the floorboards of people’s houses?
— The Borrowers
- A modern day classic book is The Cay by Theodore Taylor. What is a cay?
— A small island
- Who offered to fetch the princess’s golden ball from the pond?
— A frog
- What was Sinbad’s occupation?
- The Nac Mac Feegles are small fairy folk covered with tattoos. They are better known as what men in Terry Pratchett’s novels?
— Wee Free Men
- Queen Lillian and King Harold are the parents of which princess?
— Princess Fiona
- What famous farmer had a farm E-I-E-I-O?
— Old MacDonald
- What colour was Beegu the small alien stranded on Earth?
- What type of animal accompanied Postman Pat when he delivered the mail? — Cat
All questions and answers copyright © 2010–2019 Kids' Lit Quiz™