Practice Questions and Answers (2013)
- Name the two Hogwart’s headmasters
— Dumbledore and Snape
- Who was the close horse companion of Joey in The Warhorse by Michael Morpurgo?
- Who was the name the girl that lived with her godfather and assisted him at his platform shop? Hugo met her in The Invention of Hugo Cabret.
- Why did Katniss volunteer for The Hunger Games?
— In order to save her younger sister Prim from competing
- How is the game of Pooh sticks played?
— By dropping stick from a bridge onto running water. The one whose stick appears first on the downside of the bridge is the winner
- Which country publishes a monthly magazine/comic titled Tinkle and is targeted at school aged children?
- Who was the half brother of Loki and member of The Avengers that Loki wanted to hurt?
- What is the name of the lad with a ginger quiff who roved the world as a reporter?
- Polly put the kettle on but who took it off?
— Sukey [accept Susan]
- Who has friends called Linus, Peppermint Patty and Snoopy?
— Charlie Brown
- In Dead End in Norvelt who had the town of Norvelt been named after?
— Eleanor Roosevelt
- Who was the king that had a round table which made everyone feel equal?
— King Arthur
- Mr Popper loved penguins but what was his occupation?
— A painter
- What animal was the ball in Alice in Wonderland’s game of croquet?
- Why was the mongrel dog in One Boy and his Dog called Fleck?
— The dog had odd eyes
- Who is the superhero that wears the American flag?
— Captain America
- Who wanted to be the fairest one in all the land?
— The queen in Snow White
- What is Captain Haddock’s first name?
- Who wore a coonskin hat?
— Davy Crockett
- What type of tree was the partridge sitting in on the first day of Christmas? — Pear tree
All questions and answers copyright © 2013–2019 Kids' Lit Quiz™