Practice Questions and Answers (2014)
- Annabeth is the daughter of which Greek goddess?
- Who would demand retaliation for any minor crime committed by a passing traveller such as picking a rose?
— The Beast
- The book Small Steps introduced the readers to which two characters from Holes: Zero, X-Ray, Armpit or Stanley?
— Armpit and X-Ray
- Which fictional primate was known as ‘The Eighth Wonder of the World’?
— King Kong
- Characters from which book literally jump out of the pages?
- Who ordered all of the spindles in his kingdom to be burnt?
— Sleeping Beauty’s father
- Who was the American boy that supposedly had the reputation of never telling a lie?
— George Washington
- What type of creature was a Psammead?
— Sand fairy
- What is special about this sentence: Never odd or even?
— It’s a palindrome - reads the same both ways
- What word in English is the most common spoken word?
- What is a cliché?
— A well-worn expression or phrase e.g. ‘the time of my life’ is a cliché
- How many players in a Quidditch team?
- Oliver Jeffers has written a picture book about the Hueys. They were all the same and there were lots of them and they all thought alike until one day when Rupert knitted a what coloured jumper?
- Who is the Norse god of thunder?
- What creature knew that he had stolen a hat in the 2013 Caldecott Medal and also the 2014 Kate Greenaway Medal winning book This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen?
- Why were the blackouts in The City of Ember getting worse?
— Because the generators were old and worn
- What followed Mary to school one day?
— A lamb
- How was the bully, Steve Kosgrov, in I Funny by James Patterson related to Jamie Grimm?
- Who was late for an important date?
— The White Rabbit
- Which teenager in Alpha Force was diabetic: Amber, Alex, Hex, Li or Paulo? — Amber
All questions and answers copyright © 2014–2019 Kids' Lit Quiz™